A great Australian success story, Pillow Talk are game changers in retail. We are one of Australia's largest family owned and operated retail businesses, with 40 years of experience under our belt. From humble beginnings in a small Brisbane store, we now have 58 stores (and counting) across Queensland, New South Wales, the ACT and Victoria.
At our core, we're a large company with a very personal, small business feel, and our friendly community spirit is something that influences our day-to-day operations. Our close-knit team are passionate about our business, and we are passionate about them too. We provide comprehensive training for staff to grow in their current roles and invaluable opportunities to build long term careers within Pillow Talk.
Joining the Pillow Talk family would give you the opportunity to get involved in the world of home styling and interior decoration. Our products are high fashion and high quality, with a great price point, and our team are committed to designing, sourcing and delivering the very best styles to our customers. At every level of our company, you'll be working with talented and experienced individuals, in an inspiring, creative and energetic work environment.
The primary focus of the Buying Assistant’s role is to provide administrative support to the buying team. The Assistant will perform the following duties in connection with purchase and sale of merchandise to aid the Buyership team and Pillow Talk as a company.
Key responsibilities will also include:
- Maintenance of working range lists
- Assisting buyers with monthly ranging
- Product Analysis and market research
- Placing orders and following up with suppliers for timely delivery
- Maintaining website orders
- Preparation of samples for catalolgue shoots
- Communication with stores on stock levels, quantities, faults and general enquiries
- Tasks relating to catalogue production - copy writing, proofing, liaising with studio etc.
- Liaising with the Warehouse teams
- Day to day administration support to the buyer
- General filing
- Ad hock tasks as required
Key qualities we are looking for:
- Buying assistant experience
- Product Ranging experience
- Experience with maintaining website orders
- Catalogue production experience
- Highly detailed with strong planning and organisations skills
- Advanced skills and expertience using Excel and Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Work in a collaborative manner in a team environment